Omlet Eglu Cube. Yay or Nay

I've got to move my flock of 4 two times this year — once to a temp backyard and once to a new home. I am considering this funny little coop for it's convenience. My birds are leaving a custom build taj mahal of a coop and run and are going to be pissed no matter WHAT i do... :(

This thread is a few years old now -- any updates? Success? Utter failure? Are full sized hens happy in that little coop? Any major problems? The bib around the outside looks kind of meh -- is that big enough to deter a fox?

Already purchased this coop because i only have 6 chicks right now. Just wanted other chicken owners opinions and experiences if they own this coop.
I know your post is old however I just purchased the omlet cube and I'm curious about your opinion on it. I know some on here seem to be haters of it but they don't actually own one or have seen one to me it's way better then a wood one cleaning seems to be way better to. Mine will be here next week

I have one with six pullets. It's only been a few months so far but our neighbors have had the same coop for about a year. So far, so good! It's easy to clean and the neighbors said it handled our northern Midwest winter well.

I ordered two. One to attach to the Omlet run (9×13) and another to put inside of the run. Not everyone knows how to make a wooden coop. Not everyone is handy, has the times, tools, or materials. My 4 chickens are very close knit and they cuddle together at night. There will be plenty of space. I'm raising 3 more chicks, and they will be placed in the extra coop attached to the run.
I'm in Iowa, and Iike the idea of not having to wrap it in plastic every winter, having proper ventilation, it's insulated, and it's going to be much easier to clean.

I switched over the the omlet cube at the end of summer I have a 10 by 20 run the omlet cube with the 6ft attached run my 5 girls love it from day 1 I have a wooden coop in the run also all 5 every night go in the omlet I live on 3 acres with woods with foxes raccoons hawks I'm in NJ snow rain high winds and my girls have been very safe nothing has gotten in the omlet cube or run it had no problem with the 11 inches of snow we got 2 weeks ago or with the 40 mph winds hasn't budged at all I put a thermometer in to see how well it did in summer at 95 and in winter at 12 degrees at night. its always cooler in the coop in summer and warmer in the winter I'm completely satisfied no regrets at all takes me 5 minutes to clean I've had zero bugs except in summer mosquitos but I bought a tent netting from dicks that covered the entire coop and run and it solved that problem I almost bought a 2nd one on blackfriday in case I decided to get more chicks this spring

We have this coop. We like it a lot. In northern Minnesota, known bears, foxes, etc. in neighborhood but no evidence of attempts to enter the coop or run.

We keep the run staked down with tent stakes. The whole contraption is therefore pretty secure, and since the coop is attached to the run, it really could not tip when staked down.

Our friend has one in St. Paul MN and it was warm enough over the winter for four hens without extra heating. We are considering some electrical heating for ours since we're farther north.

The poop that remains on the slats eventually gets kicked down into the tray. We line the tray with newspaper and pine shaving and change it every second day.
Hello, old post but you mentioned that you might get a heater for your cube. I have one and this will be my first winter in WI, so I was think to get a heater (w/controller) just in case of very cold winter days.

Back
Top Bottom