Omlet tunnel for Chickens?

TMChickens

Songster
5 Years
Sep 28, 2017
We have 2 large coops and runs. One coop has a automatic door. We would like to connect the coops with a Omlet tunnel that is typically used for bunny’s. We have this set up for our rabbits and they love it. I just don’t know if anyone has used the tunnel for chickens or if it is big enough?

We have 2 large coops and runs. One coop has a automatic door. We would like to connect the coops with a Omlet tunnel that is typically used for bunny’s. We have this set up for our rabbits and they love it. I just don’t know if anyone has used the tunnel for chickens or if it is big enough?
Chickens are much taller than chickens Rabbits!
Post pics of what you have.

Last edited:
We have the Omlet set up with 8 in "pipes" which as I look at them, I realize they are too small. I found a really great option for pre-fab tunnels in the UK that I am very excited about.

https://www.runaround.co.uk/products/high-mesh-tunnel-den-pipe-suspension

These are 20 in tall, 10 in wide and sold in 4' lengths. I am waiting to find out shipping cost to the US. Maybe we are lazy, or just want it to look professional but we do not want to build these ourselves if we can purchase them. Amazingly, the Runaround company is the ONLY company that makes any kind of tunnel that could work for a chicken.

SharkTank anyone?

If you know of other manufacturers please share!

Thanks,
Tara

These are 20 in tall, 10 in wide and sold in 4' lengths. I am waiting to find out shipping cost to the US.
Have never seen the like!
They look like livestock panels.
Will be curious to see what the shipping would cost.

Why do you want to connect two coops with these tunnels?
How far apart are the coops?
How big are coops(pics) and how many chickens?

We have an auto door on one and while it works it’s a pain and
Have never seen the like!
They look like livestock panels.
Will be curious to see what the shipping would cost.

Why do you want to connect two coops with these tunnels?
How far apart are the coops?
How big are coops(pics) and how many chickens?
We have a large coop with attached run that houses 12 chickens but some sleep in the run on perches (the run is 8x8x8). The other coop houses 8 with 8x8x4’H run. One of the coops has an automatic door that works good but has been a pain to get working good and expensive!

We want the chicks, we have like 45 (long story) that roost a variety of places, but we would like to them use the two coops & runs if they want to, and be safe.
Some chickens prefer the trees, but all of the chickens are also secured in a 1.5 acre field with 4’ mesh, no climb fence with a llama and alpaca inside to assist with guarding them.

There are also mini Donkey’s and horses in adjoining pen that help protect them. As well as a motion detecting camera that alerts us at night.

We just thought they would like the option of using both coops & runs safely at night. Also would be nice if they would nest in the boxes instead of where ever they want, so we can collect the eggs. ;)

We can move the coops closer but want to keep them both in the shade (they are covered too) and keep the sensor to the door in the same place now that it works correctly.

Long story, I know. Thanks for your interest!

We have an auto door on one and while it works it’s a pain and

We have a large coop with attached run that houses 12 chickens but some sleep in the run on perches (the run is 8x8x8). The other coop houses 8 with 8x8x4’H run. One of the coops has an automatic door that works good but has been a pain to get working good and expensive!

We want the chicks, we have like 45 (long story) that roost a variety of places, but we would like to them use the two coops & runs if they want to, and be safe.
Some chickens prefer the trees, but all of the chickens are also secured in a 1.5 acre field with 4’ mesh, no climb fence with a llama and alpaca inside to assist with guarding them.

There are also mini Donkey’s and horses in adjoining pen that help protect them. As well as a motion detecting camera that alerts us at night.

We just thought they would like the option of using both coops & runs safely at night. Also would be nice if they would nest in the boxes instead of where ever they want, so we can collect the eggs. ;)

We can move the coops closer but want to keep them both in the shade (they are covered too) and keep the sensor to the door in the same place now that it works correctly.

Long story, I know. Thanks for your interest!
I know this is an older post, but I created an Omlet tunnel (so to speak) just by connecting the panels of one of the playpens into cubes, which I then connected to my sand run and other Omlet covered pen. The panels and clips are great because you can configure them however you want.

I know this is an older post, but I created an Omlet tunnel (so to speak) just by connecting the panels of one of the playpens into cubes, which I then connected to my sand run and other Omlet covered pen. The panels and clips are great because you can configure them however you want.
Thank you! Do the chickens like it and use it?

Back
Top Bottom