On A Better Note--Update On My 6-Week Olds --- PICS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Lesalynn, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Lesalynn

Lesalynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Darnell, Louisiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Okay, I FINALLY got around to posting pics of my first hatch. [​IMG] These pics were taken yesterday evening. Now, just to be clear, only 15 of these are ones I hatched out. All 10 of the red chicks were given to us by a friend 2 weeks after mine hatched. They were bought from a feed store, no idea what they are, lol. He said RIR, but you know how that goes. [​IMG] Anyway, to those that don't remember..... My rooster is a Columbian Wyandotte, the moms are...... Brown Leghorn, BR, RIR, and some feed store reds. Every one of the babies have their Dad's comb......and the majority came out colored like a Columbian Rock......I think we know which hens he may prefer. [​IMG] One barred out, a few are black, I have 1 from the Brown Leghorn, but the rest are colored like him, which is fine by me, I think he's beautiful. [​IMG] (He is on my avatar) Okay, I'm gonna shut up now....could go on, and on, and on, and...... [​IMG] I hope ya'll enjoy the pics. Oh, by the way, they were hatched end of May......6 weeks old in these pics. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  2. aka Rachel

aka Rachel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice, congrats!! Love all the different colors [​IMG]

3. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    What a gorgeous group! [​IMG]

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009