ON, CAN - Looking for 2 Coloured Layers (EE/OE/CCR etc)

Try Reid poultry ranch. That's where I'm getting my chicks from will ship anywhere in Canada. I'm getting 2 olive eggers
Where are they located. I just ordered some spring chicks from Performance Poultry near Belleville,Ontario. They do not ship so I have to pick them up. It is a 5 hour drive each way. For some reason my order did not register on their system. When I tried again, the blue layers I wanted were gone. :( So I have ordered Easter Eggers, Silver Laced Wyandottes and Welsummers.

Where are they located. I just ordered some spring chicks from Performance Poultry near Belleville,Ontario. They do not ship so I have to pick them up. It is a 5 hour drive each way. For some reason my order did not register on their system. When I tried again, the blue layers I wanted were gone. :( So I have ordered Easter Eggers, Silver Laced Wyandottes and Welsummers.
They are in Alona,mb.

I'm new, so paying $92 for chicks I don't mind. It's going to be a hobbit. Not an investment lol.
$92 for 2 chicks? Or are you getting other chicks as well as the Olive Eggers. Are they older chicks or day-olds. I hope that includes shipping.

My chickens are a hobby too. I hope to sell eggs to friends and neighbours when my flock gets established. Right now we are only getting enough eggs for my family. 😊

$92 for 2 chicks? Or are you getting other chicks as well as the Olive Eggers. Are they older chicks or day-olds. I hope that includes shipping.

My chickens are a hobby too. I hope to sell eggs to friends and neighbours when my flock gets established. Right now we are only getting enough eggs for my family. 😊
Sorry no for 10 chicks: 2 French black copper Marans, 2 blue wheaten ameraucana, 2 blue laced polish and 2 olive eggers and 2 surprise ones. I'm getting them as day old, he said that he's incubating them this week and will be getting them mid to end Feb. No I will be picking them up since they are only 26 mins away. I'm live by selkirk and they are in Alona,mb.

Sorry no for 10 chicks: 2 French black copper Marans, 2 blue wheaten ameraucana, 2 blue laced polish and 2 olive eggers and 2 surprise ones. I'm getting them as day old, he said that he's incubating them this week and will be getting them mid to end Feb. No I will be picking them up since they are only 26 mins away. I'm live by selkirk and they are in Alona,mb.
Ok. That makes much more sense. 🙂 It is nice that you live so close.

Try Reid poultry ranch. That's where I'm getting my chicks from will ship anywhere in Canada. I'm getting 2 olive eggers
I don't have an incubator (YET! Soon, very soon... took a chance on a mail order Wish deal just for the fun of it!) But I'll have to take a closer look at Reid's policies before taking a chance shipping eggs during this Covid thing. Canada Post doesn't seem to have any time guarantees at the moment.

Ugh, the trip out to Belleville is an ugly one! I'm about half the distance from them as you are but that trip seems to take forever since the landscape isn't so pretty (imo), and I'd much rather do highway 69 in a snowstorm than that end of the 401 in any season.... but it might be worth the trip just for the breed options Frey's doesn't have (if they're not all sold out already!).
I do have myself a few young EE babies I had my my broody hatch out in Nov, so fingers crossed that I have my coloured layers.

Ugh, the trip out to Belleville is an ugly one! I'm about half the distance from them as you are but that trip seems to take forever since the landscape isn't so pretty (imo), and I'd much rather do highway 69 in a snowstorm than that end of the 401 in any season.... but it might be worth the trip just for the breed options Frey's doesn't have (if they're not all sold out already!).
I do have myself a few young EE babies I had my my broody hatch out in Nov, so fingers crossed that I have my coloured layers.
Frey's seems very limited in the breeds they carry. And half of those are unavailable. Hwy 69 is a nice drive. Not sure if I would want to do in a snowstorm though. 🤪

I agree with you about the drive. I do like to avoid the 400 series especially around Toronto. That is why we will travel back country north of TO as far as we can and then slip down to the 401. I was really hoping to get all the breeds I wanted this trip so I don't have to go back. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that the EE's I get will lay some blue eggs. :fl Fingers crossed for you too!

Back
Top Bottom