? on humididty for next hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by egg-stra special chic, Jun 27, 2010.

1. egg-stra special chic

egg-stra special chic Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2010
    Scottsboro
    I just completed my first hatch ever. I incubated 11 mutt eggs just to see if I could do it. Out of my 11 eggs 10 hatched [​IMG] My questions are....I had my humidity set at a steady 65 and when the chicks started hatching by morning when I checked on them it had gotten up to 90. I paniced, luckly it didnt cause alot of problems only had 4 of the 10 that were sticky chicks. Next hatch how can I keep the humidity from rising so high???? I have another problem that I hope someone can help with. I have a broody hen that was setting on 8 eggs, only 1 hatched out so today I moved the stinky eggs from under her and put her 1 chick with the 10 that hatched out of the incubator. Of course as my luck holds she didnt accept them [​IMG] so I have moved them to the brooder. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get her to accept them??? I was afraid to put them in at night cause I didnt want her to peck them to death. Thanks for any help you guys can give me. I'm new to the forum and this is only my second post. Thanks so much!!!!

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:I can only help you with your humidity. When the chicks hatch it will bring up the humidity but goes down after they dry. If it was 65 and steady I wouldn't change it.

Can't help you much with the broody I had a silkie with chicks and put one under her and she did accept it. Someone will get on her that know more and help I'm sure.

Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by