Once again its that time...Guess the Gender!

Reurra

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 11, 2012
Nova Scotia
5 week old Australorp/Penciled Rock cross.

Boys or girls?

Wattle and comb growth looks like boys, but there is little to no reddening. Growth seems to have stopped completely. Small feet too. Im not sure what to think. All my australorps have always shown very obvious features by 3-4 weeks. These 2 guys have me stumped. They have the almost same size combs and wattles as the 2 red sex link chicks who are 6 weeks.

Last edited:
Ooooh I really hope sooo!!
fl.gif

My last hatch gave me 6 boys and 2 girls. This hatch went badly and these 2 were the only ones to hatch. One of them was nursed by my husband because it was weak and is blind in one eye. I really hope its a girl. I dont have room for any more boys! I have 7 cockerels right now already!

Last edited:
Interesting cross, like the colors they wound up with. They do seem fairly dainty overall, but at five weeks I am going to vote most likely boy on that first one, that is a lot of comb and wattle and it is turning pink already if the picture is true to color on my computer, its legs seem thicker than the other one also. On the second I would vote probably boy also just because of the comb/wattles again, but wouldn't bet any money on it. So I guess I would be picking out gender neutral names at this point ....

Back
Top Bottom