Once in a lifetime... (bittersweet)

Roux

Songster
12 Years
Jan 12, 2008
Middle of Nowhere, Iowa
We had the opportunity to meet Steve Irwin (and provide animals for 3 TV appearances) a couple of years ago.

(@ Fox & Friends, NYC)

steve1.jpg

steve2.jpg

steve3.jpg

Just going through the photo archives & found these. Hard to believe he's gone.
sad.png

Last edited:
It is hard to believe someone so full of joy and life isn't with us anymore. He made a big impression on us and I'll never forget the very first time I ever saw him-wow! I thought he was insane, LOL! What a loss.

Roux--Wow, what an amazing experience for you. I remember finding out through BYC that Steve Irwin had died. He had such a HUGE personality and lived life to the fullest.

Dang, Im very jealous now. He's my #1 hero. I was so tore up when he died, I wear my Wildlife Warrior Wristband every day, I never take it off. I was just reading the book Terri wrote about him on the way home, he was one amazing person.

wow what an experience. As my name implies I am originally from Australia ( lived in the States for the past 17 years ). My Grandfather lives less than an hour from Australia zoo so each time we visit we also go to the zoo. Unfortunately each time we were there Steve was not. He was in the States promoting his movie, and the last time we were there he was in Northern Australia where he was killed. We were at the zoo 2 weeks before his death.

I'll always remember getting home to the States after our last visit, turning on my computer to check a months worth of emails and the first thing I saw on the screen was Steve's death.
sad.png

He was one of a kind.

Well im really sad he's really gone, But what do you ex[ect fomr a dude that handles that many dangerous animals.He is very lucky to have lived as long as he did...
hit.gif

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. What a special person Steve was, and what great people Teri and the children are. Steve and Teri opened up the animal world for so many people. You were very lucky to have met him. And my very special friends, Fox & Friends. I sure do miss E. D. Hill every morning with Steve And Brian. Love them all.

Back
Top Bottom