One bantam rooster breeding question

Poonchie's Mama

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 30, 2008
I (hopefully) will have one bantam rooster (as soon as I get rid of the others) and 10 standard hens and one bantam hen. Im wondering if the bantam rooster will TRY breeding the standard hens and will he be big enough to do the job? Or will he FEEL like he is doing his job with them and be satisfied with that? If not will he just breed the bantam hen and wear her out?

He will breed with the standard hens too at least thats what happend to a friend of mine, its so funny little roo with a big lady friend what a lucky boy
wink.png

Well, ya know, some guys like that!
wink.png

I have to say that the reason Im concerned is that Im a little hesitant to eat the fertile eggs. Someone was telling me a story about cracking an egg into a frying pan that had a chicken fetus in it. I think if that happened to me, I would be done eating eggs!

I doubt that would happen to you, but you can't say for sure. Just try and collect all the eggs everyday. If you see an egg that is old, you will know it. It will be not quite as pristine in color and then just throw it out.
smile.png

Another thing you can do is candle your eggs. You would be able to see developement within 5-6 days for sure, so throw those. There are good candling pages on here (BYC). to reference. The chances are slim that this would happen to you though.

Back
Top Bottom