One barred rock panting and standing still not hot

Has she layed an egg recently? It is possible she may be egg bound. A picture of the hen, how she is standing, and a pic of her poop would be great if possible.

I am not sure on the laying as she and our other barred rock’s eggs look similar. She was acting fine and eating and drinking yesterday. She is standing with her butt sort of down. Would that be egg binding? I am thinking of going ahead and doing an Epsom salt bath as I can’t think of anything else. Thoughts?

Has she layed an egg recently? It is possible she may be egg bound. A picture of the hen, how she is standing, and a pic of her poop would be great if possible.
I am not sure on the laying as she and our other barred rock’s eggs look similar. She was acting fine and eating and drinking yesterday. She is standing with her butt sort of down. Would that be egg binding? I am thinking of going ahead and doing an Epsom salt bath as I can’t think of anything else. Thoughts?

I would go ahead with the bath, especially of her tail is pointed down.

I would go ahead with the bath, especially of her tail is pointed down.
I did the bath for 30 minutes and she did not mind at all. After drying her off I did a light massage in her undercarriage and put some petroleum jelly around her vent. I put her on the coop on her own as the rest are in the run. I noticed she was a little wobbly and she expelled a little poop that was liquid and a cream color with white. She was completely fine yesterday and pecking at a cabbage ball with others and eating and drinking normal. Her comb is still a good color. I feel I have done all that I can, but it is not looking good. Thanks for your responses.

Her crop felt fine. She has been constantly panting and was standing in one spot not doing anything and it is not hot. I noticed her when I was giving them their morning fermented feed and she did not come over to eat. She stayed in one spot for along time and eventually laid down but continued to pant. About an hour later, I picked her up from lying in the run and panting and put her in the bath. She has been lying in one corner of the coop and still panting. She has no interest in food or water.

Back
Top Bottom