One chick chirping much more than the others

The feed...can you put some in to a zip lock bag and take a hammer to it. The crumbles look a little too big.

Hammer it up for a week.
The food is crushed up more now. Those photos were from a few days ago. A littles mortar and pestle makes it perfect for them to kick half way across the brooder before chowing down

Just a bit of an update. The yellow one has quieted down quite a bit today and overall seems calmer. I think being in a new environment was stressing him more than it was the others but he seems a bit more used to it. He also is sleeping up against the side of the brooder that's next to where I am most of the day which the other three had been doing a lot while he would stick further away. I think its also helped that all four have somehow realized if they poop only on their paper towels, they won't need to be picked up, so since yesterday they've barely pooped anywhere but the paper towels. They've pooped on the walls once or twice but a damp paper towel then a small rub with isopropyl alcohol leaves the spot clean and disinfected. I'll still have to do a full clean of it, just might not need to be every day now if they're not filling the pine chips with poop.

They're all looking healthy as well. Their wing feathers are growing in nicely and they're all stretching their wings, hoping around and flapping them like they're trying to fly.

Back
Top Bottom