One chicken is getting bloody from getting pecked!! (Sorry, long)

Quote:
So mine are RSL then?

It was funny when the chickens first started to free range because they stayed close to the coop for a long time, then went into the barn very close to the coop, then to the horse barn which is farther away, then one day they were up at the house which is REALLY far away. In the summer they were going really far away! LOL!

Thanks for the compliment on the coop. I got the design idea here, of course.
big_smile.png

Hey, off topic, but my in-laws live in Lead Hill, AR. We were down there last year. They retired there.

We retired here a little over a year ago.......originally from SE WI.

Have your girls started laying yet? They lay HUGE brown eggs you know!

Of all my breeds.......the rsl travel the farthest when ranging. I would like to get more.

Another real sweet breed is the Black Australorp. They are Black Raving Beauties and very calm.

I'm originally from WI! Green Bay, then college at River Falls. :)

Here's da eggs, my nephew, a city kid, who is here visiting for the holidays has been collecting the eggs for me and he thinks its pretty cool. The peeps started laying in November:

ETA: I will have to check out the Black Astralorp. I really like having chickens.

Last edited:
Cute kid......Big Eggs.

I am from Kenosha. Used to have a lake home in N. WI. and travelled through G. Bay twice a month for years. Windy Bridge in that town of Packer Fame. DH is a DIE HARD Packer fan and always will be.

I love it down here.

Back
Top Bottom