One chicken sneezing another runny nose

nekocafe

Chirping
May 24, 2022
Georgia
Hi, I need help! I have two 1 year old hens that seem off.

**UPDATE: No sneezing but still has a deep bawk sound** One is sneezing a little with a croupy/deeper squawks, not all the time, but enough for me to notice it’s happening. Not eating as much today but still a healthy plump girl. No puffy eyes, or secretions from beak. Going to separate her.

**UPDATE: She’s fine and just seemed have to aspirated** The other one I JUST noticed this evening has a runny “nose”/drooling, she wasn’t like this earlier today. She’s separated. Could she not have been eating some grit? I felt her crop and could feel the 9wayscratch in there, but it didn’t feel like a hard ball.

They eat non-gmo mini layer pellets, scratch as a treat, food scraps, grit, filtered water - they’ve always been eating this since they’ve been laying. The other girls are fine. Another thing to note is that they’ve stopped laying, I had a few others go broody and take up the favorite nesting boxes so I get 2 eggs a day out of 8 layers. I did put one of those fly catcher bags by the coop because the flies are crazy this year; last year wasn’t as bad. I took it down tonight just in case the smell/attractant was irritating them?

I don’t have pictures because it was late at night when I got home and noticed this when I went to check the coop.

Last edited:
Re-check her crop first thing in the morning to see if it's emptied.
She may have aspirated a bit of food/water or gotten something in her nostrils.
This seems to be what it was because her crop was emptied in the morning and no secretions anymore either. Thank you for your help!! :)

Back
Top Bottom