One Chicken stopped laying

Tomgee

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 23, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I have 5 chickens. 4 of them lay brown eggs and one lays blue eggs. So I know for sure one is not laying. The "easter-egger" stopped laying about 2 weeks ago when we had our first cold spell. The others are still laying about one a day or every other day. The chicken that used to lay blue eggs doesn't act sick, she just doesnt lay. I know in winter they slow down and a cold spell could shock and stress them. But it has been much warmer for the past week and she is still not laying. She is only about 7 or 8 months old. Any thoughts????

I have 5 chickens. 4 of them lay brown eggs and one lays blue eggs. So I know for sure one is not laying. The "easter-egger" stopped laying about 2 weeks ago when we had our first cold spell. The others are still laying about one a day or every other day. The chicken that used to lay blue eggs doesn't act sick, she just doesnt lay. I know in winter they slow down and a cold spell could shock and stress them. But it has been much warmer for the past week and she is still not laying. She is only about 7 or 8 months old. Any thoughts????
I have chickens of all kinds. Sex Links, Rocks, Games and Welsummer crosses. All chickens are different. My games have quit laying for the winter and they usually start the cycle again when spring roles around again. Some breeds lay spring through fall because hens know they can't hatch anything in the winter. Well some hens. Not all hens. But anyways, it is perfectly normal for your Easter Egger to stop laying. All hens are different. Your hen is fine.

Back
Top Bottom