One chick's feathers are coming in different

HuskerChickMom

Chirping
Apr 3, 2017
I have 8 Buff Orpington chicks that are all supposed to be pullets and I have one that isn't getting it's feathers in like the others and is smaller. It has a bit bigger comb than the others too if that makes a difference. I was wondering if this was something to be really concerned about or if it's somewhat typical. I haven't noticed any of the others picking on it and no real bald spots. The chick in question is the one in the corner of the photos.

Attachments

• IMG_1976.JPG
    IMG_1976.JPG
    362.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1977.JPG
    IMG_1977.JPG
    268.7 KB · Views: 15

HuskerChickMom

Chirping
Apr 3, 2017
I was wondering if it was a little roo, but worried that it's feathers seem a little more sporadic than the others. Is that more common with roos?

Rose Quartz

Enabler
Mar 18, 2018
East Hants N.S. Canada
It looks like he's feathering in slower than the rest. I can't remember if the boys feather slower with BO specifically it could just be an individual thing. he looks healthy. :) and scared of the camera lol

HuskerChickMom

Chirping
Apr 3, 2017
Yes he is very camera shy unlike two of his sisters who are so curious about everything I do that I had a hard time getting a good shot of him. Thank you for your responses. I worry about my little guys so this site helps a lot!!

Top Bottom