One Egg Not Hatched

Jan 28, 2020
So we had a batch of 6 eggs in the incubator. They were calculated out to hatch either Friday or Saturday (I can't figure out what constitutes day 1 lol). However, five of them hatched a day early on Thursday, and one egg is still unhatched, not pipped, etc. on Sunday.

I had candled them all before lockdown and all were developing properly..what do I do? I'm only on my second batch of incubating, and the first round went off without a hitch, so I have no experience with this.

Do I candle it again and see if it's alive/moving? Leave it alone? Try and create a pip hole for it?

Open to any and all advice! I want the chick to make it, but I guess I don't even know if it's still alive currently..Thanks!

So we had a batch of 6 eggs in the incubator. They were calculated out to hatch either Friday or Saturday (I can't figure out what constitutes day 1 lol). However, five of them hatched a day early on Thursday, and one egg is still unhatched, not pipped, etc. on Sunday.

I had candled them all before lockdown and all were developing properly..what do I do? I'm only on my second batch of incubating, and the first round went off without a hitch, so I have no experience with this.

Do I candle it again and see if it's alive/moving? Leave it alone? Try and create a pip hole for it?

Open to any and all advice! I want the chick to make it, but I guess I don't even know if it's still alive currently..Thanks!
I would candle it. If it is internally pipped, I would do a safety hole. Hopefully it's still alive!

Back
Top Bottom