One Egg short of a full dozen

LoneCowboy

Songster
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
Longmont, CO
No, this isn't like being one card short of a full deck or anything like that. I guess it could be though, because I did something really stupid.

I have orders for eggs today. 3.5 doz to be exact. So yesterday I had a lady stop and want eggs, I though I had more time to get the necessary eggs to fill the order, so I sold her a doz. Then I went into a panic when I realized it was later in the week than I had though. So even though all of my girls laid today, I'm still 1 egg short. I was tempted to put a golf ball in the missing spot, the girls don't notice a difference, maybe my customers won't either
lau.gif

Ok, maybe they would. Lucky for me one of the orders is for a friend and she'll understand the one egg short.

Funny thing is, I've taken the sign down long ago, and still people are stopping all the time.

DH actually wanted eggs for breakfast. IS HE CRAZY OR SOMETHING!! He said, "Why do I have all these chickens if I can't have eggs?" Good question, but it doesn't change the fact that he isn't getting any eggs today.
gig.gif

I'm going to go talk to the chicks about growing up faster. Think it will work?

lau.gif
You could always ask your customers to wait while you go out and try to squeeze an extra egg out of the girls.
hugs.gif

Jody

hinkjc,

I said that exact thing to an egg customer once...
Her reply:
"Could you do that for me? I'll wait."
(with a serious expression on her face too...duh!)

Before I got chickens, not long ago, I stopped by a chickrn farm to purchaes "FRESH EGGS" well they were not fresh and they actually had one missing, I was in the car and just grabbed the crate, paid and took off.

Never again, imagine going to a farm for fresh eggs and they were stale? I did the water trick and they stood almost all the way up.

barnie.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom