One eyed cross beak

This poor baby, I’m assuming she/he was pecked causing eye irritation. I don’t suspect infections coryza because they have such a cross beak. I removed her and put her with a more gentle flock. I put some eye cream on her and squeezed out the gunk. Hopefully she will make it!

Attachments

• 97BBFB49-77D3-4281-840D-7B7F7C6546C9.jpeg
    97BBFB49-77D3-4281-840D-7B7F7C6546C9.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 8
  • A8D68D9B-58CB-4668-BF6E-61101ABFF164.jpeg
    A8D68D9B-58CB-4668-BF6E-61101ABFF164.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 7
This poor baby, I’m assuming she/he was pecked causing eye irritation. I don’t suspect infections coryza because they have such a cross beak. I removed her and put her with a more gentle flock. I put some eye cream on her and squeezed out the gunk. Hopefully she will make it!
I hope so.
Perhaps with the crossed beak, she may be more susceptible to infection.

What cream did you use? Terramycin is very good if you have that available. Keep up with flushing the eye, getting the pus out and applying your cream/ointment in the eye.

Infectious Corzya has a bad odor, so I would think you would have noticed that.

There are other respiratory illnesses that have swelling and some eye pus associated with them as well, like Mycoplasma.

If you notice her having a hard time or the symptoms worsen, then I'd consider giving an antibiotic like Tylan/Tylosin, Tiamulin (Denagard) or a Tetracycline if you have one of those. If you suspect Infectious Coryza then use a Sulfa Antibiotic.

Back
Top Bottom