One for a nutritionist

I can guess but I'd rather get the specs and give you a better answer. What are the specifics? Daily recommended intake percentages or levels?
None of those ingredients are harmful to chickens. The protein ratio needed for cats is higher than chickens. This protein sounds like better quality than the stuff in chicken feed but she'd need some scratch or grains and greens to round out her omnivore diet.
I don't know the specs/DRI of the cat completer ingredients for chickens, but it is helpful to know none of the ingredients in the completer are harmful to hens. I'm nowhere near trying to create a balanced diet for her, given how little she is eating and her severely limited mobility. (She is nearly 9: I suspect cancer, but don't know.) Thanks for chiming in; I appreciate it!

Not a Nutritionist. Tried for a week to find a guaranteed nutritional analysis on that product. There isn't one. Only Crude Protein, Fat, Fiber, Water, Mke. Its even based on using their own sized measuring scoop, so I can't work the sample diets they provide backwards to solve for the values of contents.

There's nothing in there, individually, I'm concerned about. But there's also not enough information provided by the manufacturer to calculate a dosage correctly. Fat content is relatively high - but its a premix, assumedly, the rate of inclusion is quite low.

Not a Nutritionist. Tried for a week to find a guaranteed nutritional analysis on that product. There isn't one. Only Crude Protein, Fat, Fiber, Water, Mke. Its even based on using their own sized measuring scoop, so I can't work the sample diets they provide backwards to solve for the values of contents.

There's nothing in there, individually, I'm concerned about. But there's also not enough information provided by the manufacturer to calculate a dosage correctly. Fat content is relatively high - but its a premix, assumedly, the rate of inclusion is quite low.
I am so grateful to you for making such an effort on behalf of me and my hen. Thank you, thank you, kind soul. I've got the ground beef and some (plain) venison thawing, so I'll just stick with that for now, out of an abundance of caution.

As good fortune would have it, a chicken-owing/experienced mobile vet is going to come by and see her tomorrow. She is now up and walking a little bit more -- it's painful to watch -- and is spending time in the coop with the flock today. (I've even seen her enforce peck order -- mostly dirty looks, but effective.) I have no delusions that she will recover, but also less certainty about death in the immediate term. Trying to let her lead.

Back
Top Bottom