ONE goat with 4 chickens.

damicochickens

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2019
I know this is mostly for chickens but I was wondering if anyone had any info about keeping ONE goat with some chickens. I know goats are quite social but this goat I’m looking at rescuing is tiny and very very docile. Would chickens be social enough for her or does she need another goat?
Does anyone have any experience keeping 1 goat with some chickens and that goat being ok? Thank you!

One goat is a VERY bad idea. That said, goats will get along with chickens but the chickens will not serve as a companion for the goat. By get along, I mean peacefully coexist. Occasionally my chickens would hitch a ride on the goats' backs, and my goats would often to grab a mouthful of tail feathers from any unwary chicken. Be very sure the goat cannot get into the chickens' food. That can be deadly.

The saying is a lonely goat will die of a broken heart. Don't know if that's completely true but I couldn't imagine mine without each other. My goats and chickens co exist fine but not as companions. And they cannot share the same shelter.
Goats need goats. Is there any possibility of getting it a companion?

Back
Top Bottom