One hen. A friend?

I have a similar situation with only one 4 year old hen left after others have been killed... over 3 years. The most recent by a neighborhood cat! Does anyone know where I could find a couple of hens so that she will not be so lonely and cold. I worry about both. She is making a strange kind of moaning sound in the morning. I have never heard before. I have a very secure coop and plenty of space. I understand the need to integrate with time etc. I need a source for a couple of hens, preferably americaunas as that is what I have had and Henrietta is a fine example. I don't want her to get a complex. Seriously, any ideas welcome

Maybe try a hatchery like Meyer? They have started pullets for $15 and are about 16-20 weeks old...not quite adults but at least close to laying age. If you got 2 they could be integrated together.

I have a similar situation with only one 4 year old hen left after others have been killed... over 3 years. The most recent by a neighborhood cat! Does anyone know where I could find a couple of hens so that she will not be so lonely and cold. I worry about both. She is making a strange kind of moaning sound in the morning. I have never heard before. I have a very secure coop and plenty of space. I understand the need to integrate with time etc. I need a source for a couple of hens, preferably americaunas as that is what I have had and Henrietta is a fine example. I don't want her to get a complex. Seriously, any ideas welcome
I would try to find a local hatchery or maybe try asking in your state thread if anyone might be considering selling some. None local hatcheries are often extremely expensive because of shipping

Back
Top Bottom