One hen killed by neighbors cat...

What a crazy situation!!!

That is amazing that Animal Control took your side!

That would never happen in CA. That cat could have snuck into my house, ate my chicks right out of the brooder, in the kitchen, and tripped over the extension cord that powered the brooder lamp on its way out, and I'd be sued $100K for a sprained cat leg.

Kudos to PA Animal Control!

My hens chase the neighbors cats, also squirrels, other birds out of the yard. They don't stand for trespassers. I even saw them corner a pair of baby raccoons once. I hope they are intimidated for life now.

Quote:
My hens have even intimidated our DOG (who is, admittedly not a large dog, but he does weigh 30 pounds)! The only animals my hens pretty much ignore are the finches and sparrows that like to scratch around on the ground by the door to the coop and eat the layer feed that gets flipped out of the feed box. Cats, squirrels, anything else is pretty much run off right away.

I am so sorry about your hen. I am also sorry for the cat. But I am not sorry for the owner of the cat. Animals suffer because of the choices they make for their animals. I am glad he got fined. But hugs to you for your poor hen.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Sounds like it went just the way it should have.... Sorry for the loss of your hen and the cat owner got what was deserved. Too bad 2 more animals had to pay because the owner of the cat was to irresponsible to keep their pet at home.

Back
Top Bottom