One hen pecking others

I thought I'd update for anyone interested. I ordered the pinless peepers on Monday and the next morning I went to check on them and she'd managed to get out of her enclosure and was mingling with the rest of the hens. So far there has been no more pecking, so I guess technically the peepers worked. ;) At least I'll have them if there's an issue again.

This is the 2nd time I ordered something for an issue with the chickens and it resolved as soon as I ordered something. The last time was when they wouldn't go into the coop to roost. I ordered a little light on a timer to see if I could entice them inside and the evening I ordered them they were roosting in the coop. Apparently the answer to my problems is to order something.

I thought I'd update for anyone interested. I ordered the pinless peepers on Monday and the next morning I went to check on them and she'd managed to get out of her enclosure and was mingling with the rest of the hens. So far there has been no more pecking, so I guess technically the peepers worked. ;) At least I'll have them if there's an issue again.

This is the 2nd time I ordered something for an issue with the chickens and it resolved as soon as I ordered something. The last time was when they wouldn't go into the coop to roost. I ordered a little light on a timer to see if I could entice them inside and the evening I ordered them they were roosting in the coop. Apparently the answer to my problems is to order something.
Ha I agree x

I’ve got one bird who of a night pulls the tiny feathers under the chins of 4 of the others lower down the pecking order, she’s a lavender and the only one who escapes it is my white leghorn

I put sudocrem on their little necks of a night and that seems to stop her (probably due to the oily thick nature of it)

Very annoying though, she has plenty of room however wants to tuck up with the other birds, I think what started as bullying has now become a habit with her as she leaves them alone during the day.

With my old flock I had a brown Lohmann who was a proper cow bag and used to peck attack everyone… really grab onto the back of the necks making the others screech in pain…

So I bought beak guards, they looked like a torture device and I held onto them for a few days pondering whether to go ahead.

She stopped before I had chance to try - must have seen the receipt !

Good luck ! Hope the peepers work xx

😝 Love the tales, myself, if someone plays up i threaten them with the pot and more specifically Coq au Vin as they are French Hens.
I used to threaten them with Chicken Stew but I don’t think they understood.
Not that it works anyway 🤷
Hugz

Back
Top Bottom