One hen quit laying and no one sings anymore

mcbridb

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 10, 2011
So I rehomed the RIR rooster a few weeks ago. Two weeks ago something killed the two bantams. Last week we had the earthquake, surprise bad storm and then Hurricane Irene. The day the bantams were killed was the last day my three hens (1 RIR and 2 Sex Link) all three laid an egg. I have gotten 1 or 2 eggs a day since then but not 3. All three hens had been steady layers before this. Also, since Rudy left all three girls have quit singing their egg song. I really miss that.

The RIR is laying (she's about 1 1/2 yrs old) and 1 sex link lays. The sex links were about 20 weeks old in May when I got them. I have picked them all up to feel their stomachs/bottoms and check their vents. They all look and feel the same so don't believe it is egg bound problem. Any ideas? Is it just all the stress of the last 2 weeks?

They also have quit singing their egg song. I don't know why and I really miss hearing it. Any ideas why that is happening?

Quote:
What is your weather like? Hot, humid? Sounds like the stress of the bad storms, the preditor attack, and the rehoming of your rooster has just been too much for them. They will settle down in a couple of weeks and your egg production should come back up.

~ Aspen
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom