One little EE egg 2 weeks ago....

chicksinthemachine

Songster
11 Years
Jul 8, 2008
Henley,MO
and now nothing. Why no more beautiful eggs? They are 5 of them so I don't know who laid it, she did it while I was gone of course! Some hop the fence now and all of them free range some of the day, do they have a hidey hole I don't know about?
hmm.png

Depends on their age. If they are young, they may not have started yet. One of mine laid her first egg, then nothing for a week, then started laying again. They could have a nest somewhere. I guess you'll have to investigate.

I guess we get to go easter egg hunting early this year or late however you want to look at it, but my 3 year old daughter will love it if we find their hidey hole. But I did catch one in the act and but she lays brown eggs. I have them in lock down right now,well they still have access to the pen and coop just not the run and yard so we will have to see.

Good idea, a lock down. I put golf ball in my nest boxes. I did lock them in for a couple of day and they laid in the nests. Are the nest boxes kind of dark or in the darker part of the coop?
thumbsup.gif
caf.gif

YUP lock down is a great idea! I'm about to do that myself. Mine are just starting to lay and I don't want them to lay their first eggs out in the yard. Good luck to you and hope you find your eggs OR she starts laying again.

Well the nest boxes are in the darker part of the coop, but I have a light above it that lately I have been turning on to see if I get more production. I also do have golf balls and plastic eggs in the boxes, they have been in there since they were about 3 months old.(Wishful thinking that they would lay that young) But at the end of the month they will be 7 months old and I am soo ready for those beautiful eggs!
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom