One Mean Chicken!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Tricia's Triple Z, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Tricia's Triple Z

Tricia's Triple Z Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2007
    I have recently endend up with 7 chickens. Two are Polish, very nice, no problem with them. The other 2 are a type of leghorn, and one I can't figure out what she is, then there are 2 whith cornish, The hen that is the most aggresseve is that darn one that I can't figure out what it is. I finally combined my babies with them. You would have thought that you were at a cock fight. My Wyandotte cam out on top with a cut, the little you know what was going for the eyes, She has gone after my others too. I sat in the coop for hours to watch them. Finally it was getting too cold outside so I opened the door and off they ran to the other coop with the Guineas. I don't know what to do. I would like my tame babies in the bigger nicer coop. I wouldn't mind getting rid of a few or them. I wouldn't care where they go(out of sight out of mind)Maybe with a more aggressive bunch she would get knocked down. If anyone wants a few of these hens please PM me and we can talk about it Any Suggestions? Thanks

2. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    They should work out a pecking order. My grand daughter figured out how to stop a MEAN roo. One day I saw her headed to the runs with a stick in her hands. When I asked her what she was doing, all she said was she would teach red some manners. As she entered the run red headed for her. You would have thought she was playing baseball, the roo jumped up and she hit him. It took three swats with that stick for him to relize he was in a battle he couldn't win. After that she could hold the roo and had no problems with him. Anyone else, now that is a different story. You didn't where you are if someone wanted to take them off your hands.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by