*One more dead and more dying* I need urgent help! Please dont fail me

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chicken0Boy, May 9, 2011.

1. Chicken0Boy

Chicken0Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

S/he is the only one not doing to good. S/he is drinking water, but I cannot get it to eat. S/he sits on the feathered part of its foot. Anything I can do for it?

CHECK POST 14 Page 2 for all the details and they are not even a week old

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  2. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    Quote:How long have you had the chick? How many do you have? How old is it? Sometimes you get one that will not survive, sorry to say but give it time......

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  3. mrchicken

mrchicken Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Sprinkle some feed on the ground...touch wood that will work.

Good luck!

4. AZSummer

AZSummer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Have you tried giving her a little sugar water? I've seen that suggested a few times by the experts here.

5. Chicken0Boy

ok, more info. I juat got the chicks today. It is an easter egger (I am positive). I have it isolated with me. It is also gasping for air. I took it away from the heat lamp. it might have been to hot, but the other chicks may be fine. Any ideas?

6. pixiedouglas

pixiedouglas Chillin' With My Peeps

Is she eating and drinking? If not get a dropper and give her some sugar water or water with vitamins/electrolytes in it. Try and get her to eat some scrambled egg. Scramble the yolks, cook, and then finely chop, sprinkle chick starter on that to give her the idea it is food. Also you might try a little bit of plain yogurt, again mix a little feed with it so she knows it's food. Also some folks will take some food and get it wet, make a mush and feed that. Sometimes they need extra helping understanding what is food.

Is she pooping? check her bottom and make sure it's not pasty.

7. Chicken0Boy

I have had 'her' in abox for thirty minutes and there is only one poop stain with no pasty butt. I'm kinda clueless.

8. kera!

kera! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Navajo County
    I had a chick doing slow like that and I put it all alone and bleded starter really fine and then taught it how to eat like its mother would and then use gatorade dip it beak several times a day.. I always use medicated feed also.

9. Chicken0Boy

She died. :'(

10. MyPetsMakeMeBreakfast

MyPetsMakeMeBreakfast Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2011
    Quote:Im sorry for your lose [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by