One Of My Chickens Is A Straggler....

If she's a new hen to the flock; it makes sense as to why she's a "loner". If not, maybe she just likes to roam on her own. If she's not getting picked on, then I think she will be fine. But you should keep an eye on her, because depending on her behavior there could be something wrong, or she could be sick.
Make sure if you notice she is sick you separate her from the flock, so your other chickens don't get sick.
From my experience with chickens, I think she will be okay. I have three young chickens I just brought into my flock and they mainly just go do their own thing away from the flock but they are completely normal and healthy. I hope I was to some help!

she is not a new hen. I have had the same flock for a while now and haven't added any new hens/roos. She does get pecked on by my clumsy rooster, but in a curious friendly way. And she has been sick for a little while now, but is currently being treated. i am 99% sure it isn't contagious.
and yes, you were a big help. if you would like to help more people, please visit my thread "Help Others!" if you visit the thread, you will see the details.
thanks!

Back
Top Bottom