One of my chickens is sneezing all the time.

ChickenMama78

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 5, 2012
I hav no idea what to do...This has been going on for awhile now...she is eating and drinking just fine, and seems to be acting "normal" but she just won't stop sneezing...Should I be concerned?

Check to see if she has a runny nose or eyes. You can always put garlic in your coop. Germicidal helps fight fungus incase something is stuck in her throat... She could also just have a cold... It is sick season. I use garlic just to check the possibility of fungus off my worry list ;) best if luck

I hav no idea what to do...This has been going on for awhile now...she is eating and drinking just fine, and seems to be acting "normal" but she just won't stop sneezing...Should I be concerned?
It could be many things. what kind of bedding are you using in the coop? is it cedar? although it smels great and keeps bugs away it does more harm them good. That is strong and can cause respitory problems and especially in a closed area like a coop. Its the bedding your using dusty? Have you looked in her mouth, nose and eyes. Not much people think to look in the ears. Thats the most important thing. I bought a bird that wasnt cared for and the poor thing had an infected ear. The poor thing =(. And that has to be treated with Pennicillin

Are the eyes bubbly or any kind of mucus or colored stuff coming out of the eyes? The eyes swollen?
a bunch of dif things can help. There is a special kind of ointment that can be put it the eyes (but I cant remember so hopefully someone says what it is for us). Briney water and a cotten ball gentley wiped over eyes to clear out irratent. Or 1/4 of that nasty yellow listerine (not the mint junk) to 3/4 warm water, again with cotton ball (that kills the germs). should be put on 2 times a day.
Just try to keep her warm and dry. Thats the most important thing.

Also try Vetrx. I do believe feeds stores carry it. Even the rabbit one works if they dont have poultry formula. Its sort of like Vicks for humans..

Last edited:
Put garlic in the coop? In the house , like just hang it in there ? These babes are new to us and our family . I just nick named this one Sneezy like the dwarfs in snow white because she sneezes all day long . She looks great , eats great , drinks her water , eyes look great all seems good just the sneezing issue .

Back
Top Bottom