One of My Chickens Runs Like a Predator. Is She Ok?

DogAndCat36

Crowing
Mar 12, 2020
Northern Maine
My 4 month old hen, Brownie, has been distancing herself from her flock. When she runs, she runs with her head lowered and stretched out and her wings slightly opened. Is she ok?

She kinda acts like those seagulls that attack pidgeon. Like how the seagulls stance themselves before pouncing.

My 4 month old hen, Brownie, has been distancing herself from her flock. When she runs, she runs with her head lowered and stretched out and her wings slightly opened. Is she ok?

She kinda acts like those seagulls that attack pidgeon. Like how the seagulls stance themselves before pouncing.
I'm not an expert but I've seen this in one of my chickens. I found it amusing, reminding me of a T-Rex. It didn't worry me.

Well, they are predators....to bugs and other smaller creatures(mice, frogs, toads, lizards, etc.)

At that age it is especially amusing, I call it the 'zoomies'...but even older birds will do this.

Back
Top Bottom