One of my girls cut her wing and it looks like a vein is hanging in there, she won't stop pecking at

mmccoy

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 2, 2014
Red Oak Texas

She can still fly, seems ok but after I washed it out and put peroxide/polysporin on it and dried her off she started pecking at it and made it bleed. There is a red thing hanging from the wound and I think that is what she is messing with. Looks like it could be her vein but after I washed it again it is not bleeding. I can't seem to find any local vets. I am keeping her in my lap for now so she can't mess with it. Is there anything else I can do? Do they sell cones for them like they do dogs and cats?

I just joined today, can't believe one of my girls hurt herself. Every time I try to put her down she wants to peck at it. I guess I will have to hold her all day but what am I going to do tonight?

I've got gauze wrapped around it loose, seems to be working although she's still diligently trying to get to it. She's still eating and drinking so I am praying for a full recovery. The other girls are not bothering her outside right now but I think I might keep her separated tonight just in case. I still have them inside the house so I'll be able to watch her.

She can still fly, seems ok but after I washed it out and put peroxide/polysporin on it and dried her off she started pecking at it and made it bleed. There is a red thing hanging from the wound and I think that is what she is messing with. Looks like it could be her vein but after I washed it again it is not bleeding. I can't seem to find any local vets. I am keeping her in my lap for now so she can't mess with it. Is there anything else I can do? Do they sell cones for them like they do dogs and cats?
This exact same thing just happened to our Turkey. How did your situation turn out?

Back
Top Bottom