One of my pullets was attacked by another hen!!

LindsaySinai

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 17, 2011
San Diego
I put my pullets in with 2 of my hens yesterday and they must have decided to gang up on one pullet in general because her back(right by her tail) is bloody and totally raw and meaty. It almost looks like another animal bit a chunk out of her back its so bad. The picture doesnt do it justice...just shows the spot where the injury is. I took all 3 pullets out of the hens coop and separated the injured one from the other pullets. What do I do with her? Will it most likely get infected? If I keep her separated for awhile will it scab over and she'll be ok?

You will have to treat the wound, wash it, apply ointment and keep her seperated till it heals. Make sure she is eating/drinking also. Search the website...there are threads on here that tell you exactly what procedures to follow. Good Luck I feel for your little pullet....those darn bullies, always seems to be one or two in the bunch.

I would clean it up, and put ointment on it, and a gauze, and a piece of duct tape. It may pull some feathers out but it's really good protection.

Back
Top Bottom