One of our ducks is dead

wendy

On the Hill
12 Years
Jun 14, 2007
central louisiana
I went outside to feed some leftovers from lunch to the ducks and chickens. One of our Khaki Campbell hens was dead
hit.gif

I did not find any blood. Don't know what happened. There is no rooster only chickens, ducks and one peacock in the pen together. I had just gotten 5 eggs finally from all 5 ducks just a couple of days ago. We bought them last spring. There are 3 drakes, but could one of them have done it? There is one drake that chases the ducks alot. One of the Khaki Campbell drakes.

What do yall think happened? It was a nice sunny day. The coop and pen is not far from the back door and porch. So should not have been a preditor. Plus I had the windows open and was home all day. I think I would have heard something?

I am sorry Wendy.

Is it possible all your drakes piled on her and injured her internally? That happened to one of my ducks a couple years ago.

Thanks everyone, she was just about a year old. And all the had was laying pellets in the feeder. I am at a loss for what it was. No one seemed sick or looked sick.

It could have been egg binding. Even if you feed the best diet calcium rich, they can still have problems if the eggs are odd shaped or too small. that would be my guess since their were no outward signs.

Back
Top Bottom