One of the most ignorant articles I have ever read

After reading that I feel a need to go hug my chickens.
sad.png
And I will.
smile.png

Yup I'm a bird brain too hubby gets up at 3 turns light on and I get right up
idunno.gif
JayBird+16 :

Hello? If someone turn a bright light on in my bedroom early every morning - I'd probably get up too. Gosh , I'm such a bird brain. We should tie this person up, cover him with bugs and let our chickens after him.
smile.png

Seems to me that Ron has accomplished his mission; he's evidently a lobbyist for the poultry industry and was writing "humor" for the unenlightened who know nothing about chickens but will soon be VOTING. The vote could put a lot of poultry people out of business or could cause them a great financial loss.
How else could the industry appeal to the voters other than with such tactics. The poultry farmers associations have to know that they're fighting a losing battle but felt they had to do something for the farmers who pay them.

They guy's chicken comments were tongue-in-cheek, don't take them literally.

The thrust of the article was animal rights.

I agree with him. Chickens do not have rights.

Animals may not have 'rights', but we have an obligation to not be cruel to our food, and continuing the fallacy that animals don't have feelings isn't going to promote the treatment many of us think they deserve. I remember back in the 50's being told that bunnies don't feel so when they dropped whatever they wanted to test into their eyes it didn't hurt. Bullfeathers. Come up with a better way of housing those birds and they'll both be more in line with less cruelty and produce a better product. Don't try to BS me that they're horrid stupid creatures we should do with what we will.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I didn't post anywhere that animals are "horrid stupid creatures". And I'm not trying to BS anyone - on the contrary, I get reported all the time for being forthright.

But your post illustrates my point that this issue is driven by emotional ignorance.

Amateurs shouldn't vote on how professionals do their jobs.

Commercial producers are simply giving us consumers what we want. If you don't like it, vote with your dollars.

I don't like battery farming either, so I opt out of the system and raise my own. But I don't try to force others to conform to my point of view with litigation.

I agree with you Oblio.

For as many of us that opt out of the commercial food system there are just as many and most likely even more people who could care less how food gets to their grocery store and then to their table as long as it is there when they get ready to go buy it.

I have said it a million times and will probably say it a million more -

Americans are too far removed from their food sources. Most don't have the fortitude to provide meat for their table the hard way.

Changing the legalities in the way the commercial farmers do things won't help much at all until the thinking of every single consumer changes.

Instead of beating the farmers someone needs to turn the tables as it is the consumers of these products that are driving the industries to provide them with cheaply priced products.

Back
Top Bottom