One of these chicks is not like the others

Hands On Dad

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 10, 2014
Walker, LA
So I have 8 three week old buff Orpington chicks bought at our local feed store. Well I think I have 7, with one feathering out different from the rest. She started out slightly darker than the rest of the girls, but barely noticeable.

Here is Yolanda, she is one of the buffs, and they all look very similar to her.

And then there is Betty. Red sex link, buff cross, just a dark buff, something else?

Whatever she turns out to be she is already a fan favorite with the boys. But I got the buff orpingtons because of their temperament. Any ideas?

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think she is a red sex link as well. Now I have to do some research on them. Anyone have red sex links? How are they?

Red Sex Link - Some of the sweetest birds I've had.
Was it the same color as the orps? If it was yellow instead of orange you're possibly in it for a roo.

Could be a red sex link pullet.

Sex links mean the sex is linked to the color. Red/gold is female, silver/white is male. Look at the color of the breast as they feather in, that's the color of your bird. Your bird's breast is red, so if it is indeed a sex link, it's female.

Back
Top Bottom