One out of 2 eggs hatched so far what should I do?

TimberWolfOne

In the Brooder
Feb 17, 2020
Hello,
I started out incubating 6 silkie eggs but only 2 developed at all. Now only one has hatched and the other hasn’t shown any signs of hatching. My local feed store has some buff orphington chicks but they will probably sell out very soon. Should I go ahead and buy some more chicks or wait on the other egg? The one chick who hatched has a splayed leg so I am kind of worried about bigger chicks bullying him, he looks so fragile. He is still in the incubator and looks kind of wet even after 24 hours. The humidity is about 75% so maybe that’s why?

Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

I had one chick hatched a couple of weeks ago I'm not an expert and I'm not sure about it but my chick was also wet and the hen got him dry so you could probably do the same but you better think twice or check on the internet cause I'm no expert.

The second egg still hasn’t shown any sign on hatching. Sadly I don’t think it will. For the chick that did hatch I braced his lag with vet wrap and it seems to be helping. I ended up going to the feed store and found that they had bantam chicks who were more my chicks size, so I bought him 3 friends. The Buff orphingtins would have dwarfed my chick lol. One is even a silkie like mine. So far he seams to be doing ok, but doesn’t seem to be as active as the other chicks.

Back
Top Bottom