One sick chicken

walker9000

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 27, 2012
I have a chicken who has been lathargic and king of stumbling around for about two weeks now. Just over a week ago I noticed that her right side was getting really puffy. At this point I removed her from the group and placed her in a sheltered area. I didn't feed her for 24hrs and only gave her ACV water. After this point she still wasn't getting better but I started to give her plain yogurt with added probiotics and a vitamin supplement. She still showed no signs of improvements. I read a post on BYC about mixing in Monistat into the food. I tried that for three days, but no improvement. I have tried to get her to vomit several times but she wont. My lastest attempt is continuing the yogurt mixture, ACV water, and tring to get her to vomit two times a day (the attendent at Southern States suggested this). As I milk her crop I have found that it "gurgles" and she does gag but thats it. I am completely stumpt on what to do next of I am still on the right path. I have attached some pictures below.

I have a chicken who has been lathargic and king of stumbling around for about two weeks now. Just over a week ago I noticed that her right side was getting really puffy. At this point I removed her from the group and placed her in a sheltered area. I didn't feed her for 24hrs and only gave her ACV water. After this point she still wasn't getting better but I started to give her plain yogurt with added probiotics and a vitamin supplement. She still showed no signs of improvements. I read a post on BYC about mixing in Monistat into the food. I tried that for three days, but no improvement. I have tried to get her to vomit several times but she wont. My lastest attempt is continuing the yogurt mixture, ACV water, and tring to get her to vomit two times a day (the attendent at Southern States suggested this). As I milk her crop I have found that it "gurgles" and she does gag but thats it. I am completely stumpt on what to do next of I am still on the right path. I have attached some pictures below.

Is she eating? Drinking?
Does her breathe smell? If so she might have sour crop.

Does her crop feel full and hard?

The only way that she will eat is if I syringe feed her the yogurt mixture. She will only drink if I push her beak into the ACV water. Her breath doesn't smell and her crop is soft and it gurgles when I message it.

Back
Top Bottom