One strange story...... Anyone else had this??

There was a thread on here about 7 years ago. Someone on here named Isabeau had pheasant/chicken crosses. She eventually had a hen that was a quarter pheasant.

Said the chicks had an identity confusion.

I would be thrilled to have chicken x pheasant hybrids. I hope they hatch for you. It would be a really interesting experiment.

Quote:
If they hatch I plan to have maybe a hen, and cockeral off her (as it is my mums hen) lol

She said she may keep a hen or 2.... not even sure how many eggs she is on, as they still cannot find her... I hope she is this well hidden from predators..

Quote:
Hiya the hen is a warren x welsummer.... its only around 7 months old, so doubt she will stick sitting for 21 days, or maybe even kill chicks once they hatch... I dont hold out much hope that anything will come from them... Fingers crossed I am wrong... I went there today to help in the search... No joy...

What an interesting story. I hope if there is a hatch that you will post pictures for us
smile.png

Quote:
My mum went away for a few days, she left monday with the hen pecking about as normal... she got back thursday with no sign, she then saw her friday morning, when she nipped back for some breakfast then vanished again, so she has definatly been gone 2 days we know about.. it could be anything upto 5 days, as my sister was at work and never noticed her missing.. she works long hours... We cannot find the nest, as she has done a good job of hiding in the dence hedging... we have looked and looked, so unsure how many eggs she is on...

ETA:- I will post pics if any chicks hatch
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom