Onion plants

Went to Lowes again just to look. Still have a handful of onions in a 4" pot. Lol. Asked if they were going to get the bunches of onions and was told they should be getting them in, if the delivery person didn't drop them off this time, which they didn't.

I guess time will tell.

Last fall when lookin for cauliflower starts that I raise through winter down here I was at a big box store (Lowe's) when the Bonnie Plants delivery guy was a making deliveries. I asked him when they would be getting cauliflower. He did not know, he just delivers what they give him. But I then knew what day he made his deliveries so I as there the next week and got cauliflower before they sold out. It's just blind luck.

I've always planted onion sets. Last year was my best year ever for onions. I did my standby, Stuttgarter, and tried a red one, Red Baron. Both were great. I can rely on my big box grocery to have the Stuttgarter, but I had to order the Red Barons. I might try seeds some time, but I'd have to start them reeeeallly early here, I bet.

A friend who lives about 50 miles away could not find seeds anywhere last May. Garden centers were closed, garden departments were closed.

We'll see what this year brings. I think things will be open, but who knows what kind of selection they'll have.

I've always planted onion sets. Last year was my best year ever for onions. I did my standby, Stuttgarter, and tried a red one, Red Baron. Both were great. I can rely on my big box grocery to have the Stuttgarter, but I had to order the Red Barons. I might try seeds some time, but I'd have to start them reeeeallly early here, I bet.

I was looking at Lowes seeds (Burpee brand) and I think I remember seeing Red Baron onion seeds.

Been to a few other places and still no bunches of onions and still "Bonnie Plants". Must be a monopoly here. I know for a fact there should have been bunches out by now but there isn't. I've already bought some onion seed and will be planting from seed from now own. Thanks Bonnie.

Back
Top Bottom