Online Hatcheries?

Good to know! I've had bad experiences, but not with either Meyer or Hoover's. I'm looking at getting a small order next spring/summer, and I have specific breeds in mind. I'll keep both in mind.

I was at TSC the other day, and couldn't believe my eyes: Hamburgs, Sicilian Butter ups, Blue Jersey Giants and Russian Orlaffs!!! Took ALL my willpower bot to snag one of each!
:eek:

ETA: Adding Ideal to my list of possibles!
Mine all came from Myers and I recommend them.

We love our Meyer birds! We will never get them anywhere else. Ours are healthy and real beauties. Just got four new chicks this week.
1D8BFEC4-A2C2-4035-BF06-551378988B7B.jpeg

We have gotten babies from McMurray, Meyer, Mt Healthy, Ideal and Hoover. All good experiences. I will say that Meyer, McMurray & Ideal have great customer service.
I hope you are able to get what you want!

I've ordered from McMurray, Meyer, Ideal and Cackle on multiple occasions. I was happy with each order. You can't go wrong with any of the major hatcheries.

I would add another vote for Meyer. They were spot on with breed and sexing and customer service was excellent.
Also, if they are out of a breed your are looking for, it may be worth calling as it seems they have extra birds set aside and may be able to get some that is unavailable for you. I have gotten birds from cackle as well and they are strong and healthy as well.

Thought I would show you a photo of my chicks when they were received. Myers took great care to make sure they were received safe and sound. I ordered a mystery rare breed chick and received a Black Orange Laced Wydote and a Jubilee Orpington which was a pleasant surprise! I also have a Houdan and an Egyptian Fayoumi. Just remember if you order 3 chicks they may ship you 4.

Attachments

• IMG_8395.jpg
    IMG_8395.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom