online incubator building update #2.

I was able to go by Walmart this morning after work and I picked up a cooler, and a few other things. The cooler cost $5.77 plus tax.
01010006-2.jpg

I also bought a document holder. It is made out of thin plexiglass. I als picked up a tube of Dap Kwik Seal (kitchen and bath adhesive seal-clear) I used the cardboard top off of the document holder to act as a straight edge. I simply scored the plexiglass with my razor knife. I started out with light pressure and gradually added pressure with each pass. After about 10 or so passes you can simply snap it off like sheet rock.
01010005-2.jpg

Next I took a sheet of copy paper and folded it. I made a fold about 1/2 inch all the way around. You can see the paper on top of the plexiglass. This will be your template to cut the hole for the window. Since the document holder had two pieces of plexiglass after it was cut we can have a window on the top and the side.
Here is the paper pattern.
01010017-1.jpg

01010007-1.jpg

Here is where I traced around the paper.
01010008-2.jpg

I cut the hole out with a razor blade. Be safe, I lost my holder so I used a blade by its self. But this should give you an idea of what I used.
01010016-2.jpg

Next I ran a bead of silicone around the top, all the way around.
01010010-2.jpg

And here is the top all completed.
01010012-1.jpg

If you want a window in the side just do it exactly like you did the top.
Pattern.
01010009-2.jpg

Cut out.
01010013-2.jpg

Window installed.
01010014-1.jpg

The finished product.
01010015-2.jpg

Here is the two pieces that was cut out.
01010018-1.jpg

The cooler was $5.77, document was around $3.00.

oh man i need to do this. i have a breadbox one but i bet i would have better more stable temps with the styrofoam ice chest.
and also - and i am totally not an electrician or know anything about wires - but when i put my little cpu fan in my incubator i just used an old wall charger for some obsolete electronics in my house. i was told they were rated the same - something like 12v max. anyway my husband stripped the wires and fixed it up and i have had no problems with that fan at all.

Back
Top Bottom