Online Large Fowl Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, shoot how do they get their heads stuck with no horns? I have goats with horns and without , but usually it's the same ones that keep getting stuck with horns hooked.

Thanks for your support! I want to add that I normally don't chain up my goats, but I have never had one as bad as Devilgoat for jumping fences and eating plants I don't want her eating. Can hardly wait for the next auction!

My goats find places in the fence where their is double wire and get stuck there--stupid goats--So tomorrow i'm taking my Icelandic chickens to the sale.They are a lot like game chickens.The roos are always chasing and fighting when i let them out.I don't like keeping them penned up all the time . All my other chickens are super tame fat slow things .Easy targets for the viking chickens.

Oh, hi coach , I am going to a sale tomorrow too. Got to get rid of the rest of my spare roosters.The feed bills are scary around here. I have some chickens already in cages. As it is, I will probably get up at 6 am, which is early for me. I am not a morning person.
The chicks are hatching out pretty well this time, I have bins full of them in the garage. I just emptied out a brooder, can't believe how fast those chickens grew! They got moved into the duplex that has a nice big run attached. There I was, driving the Mule around in the dark. Of course , the goats had to come check it out to eat any spilled feed in the back. If they are in the barnyard, I have to take the key out of the ignition because the goats will take it and I only have one. I priced the keys at the dealer, and they cost like $40. each. You can't just have one made at the hardware store.
These pop up showers are giving me fits! Every time I go out to feed the goats it has to rain! Naturally, they don't want to eat their pellets if they get wet.:p I guess it is going to be very hot next week, everyone drink lots of water, you will need it!

Yes, feed prices are getting out of hand.I buy feed that comes in 1250 pound boxes. I'ts good feed with about 16% protein in it and i'ts half the price of bagged feed. I add different bag feed to it when i'm feeding chicken but all the animals like it. But i like mixing feed. With half grown chickens bringing 2.50 or 3.50 each i'm going to hang on to mine till fall and then sell them or eat them. I also have chicks and youngsters everywhere.

Quote:
I would like to buy in that size. Where would I look to get feed in that quantity?

Try looking for feed mills or co-ops in your area. You can get bulk feed delivered sometimes too.;-)

Well my icelandic chickens did OK at the chicken sale. One pair brought 26 and the rest went for 5 each,But the problem is i bought 2 dozen hatching eggs and two more brown leghorn hens and came home with 10 bucks. Last night we went to the PBR bull riding and had a great time, Today we bought a bunch of landscape bushes at half off and got them all planted .Hot work but they look great!

Congrats on the selling of chickens and getting more eggs......lol. Seems most swaps are slowing down with the heat of summer around here. Nothing quite like watching a good buckoff competition for a bit of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom