only 2 hatched out .UPDATE WITH PICS !!!!

Egg Stealer

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 9, 2009
Craigsville, West Virginia
wow , Woohoo , Day 21 and I got my first pip. 13 more to go , hope all goes well , this is my first hatch in an incubator so it pretty exciting .. Wife is hovering over it like she's the hen..LOL.. Pics soon so subscribe and keep check ..
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Last edited:
I'm going to post the same thing I just posted on another thread....DON'T OPEN THE BATOR!!!!!! LOL!!!

Keep busy and let them hatch. Do not open the bator to take chicks out. It will have an effect on the other ones. hatched some blue rock eggs from HALO. Had 15 in the bator.....15 hatched!! The hatch before that, kept opening the bator to take chicks out and only had a 50% hatch.....
wee.gif

yippiechickie.gif
:jumpy:ya

wee.gif
Yippee! You are gonna have so much fun (it's gonna be nerve racking, too!); listen to what everyone says about not opening the 'bator...sit on your hands! Can't wait for pics;
fl.gif
sending good hatching vibes your way!
fl.gif

ok , heres where it stands I have 2 new chicks on day 24 . Not sure if the rest where fertile or not , so I'm gonna give it another day or so then start another dozen eggs , I have some silky eggs on the way here so I will be putting those in the bator also.. :

Hers one of the chicks.. Not sure what the deal is but its RIR & somthing.. LOL . I have reds , white , and black hens so it is one or the other..

Pics of 1st born..
30819_013.jpg

30819_015.jpg

Day 24 and 2 is all that hatched.. gonna try another batch with new fresh eggs, maybe those were not fertile or switching them from homemade bator to LG was the problem. Home maDE bator got to hot.. live and learn ...

Back
Top Bottom