Only day 6. I can't take this!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LoneCowboy, Jan 9, 2008.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    It's only day 6 on my eggs in the bator, and I just can't stand the wait. I want those cute little fuzzy butt NOW!! [​IMG]

Maybe I should stick to ordering from a hatchery [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG] You're tough! You're not going to let a few little fuzzy bums psyche you out, now are you, LOL? After your first candling, then you'll be able to rest easier for a few days. It helps to know there are babies actually growing in those little shells.

3. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Yea Lone,
    And unlike me you will probably have lots of babies wiggling in those eggs! You are gonna be fine.
    I hope you have a 100% hatch unlike what happened last time, you deserve it!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    You've got a long way to go.... lol.

Good luck, I know it's hard. I have trouble pulling myself away from the bator window. Thankfully I have a job or I would never leave...lol.

Julie [​IMG]

5. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

You can do it!!! You just need to stay really busy so that you don't have time to think about them much during the day!! Yeah, I know, easier said than done!! It kinda helps for me anyway. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    I am with you!!! I am on day 5!!!

7. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I got one of those new fangled bators that you don't even had to fiddle with the thermostat. I really don't have a reason to even need to look in there but I can't stand it. I've been good though, I've not even opened the top once. I'm debating if I should wait to candle until day 10 since I couldn't see much last time.

It just seems like I should be doing something to hurry along the process. Like turn them 3 times a day. I got a turner, I don't even have to do that. Doing nothing is harder than I though it would be [​IMG]

8. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

What kind of eggs did you set?

9. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Buff orpingtons, Barred Rocks and a mix of both of those, and blue orps and their variations.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by