only getting one egg

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I would suggest posting this question on our Duck section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks and taking advantage of our duck experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting more eggs.

When the days get shorter and there is less natural light egg production can slow down or cease during this time and will start back up when the days lengthen again.

If you want to keep egg production through the darker months you can supply supplemental (artificial) light in the morning so the total hours of light (artificial + natural) equals about 14 hours per day.

It's always good and better for the birds if you give them the Fall/Winter break from laying if you can.

I have 4 Ducks and have gone from 4 per day to between 1-2 per day (sometimes 3). I'm ok with that since I have so many in my fridge right now.

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom