Only the folks here would find this as amusing as I...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bec, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

So my little mini horse has laminitis and has to stay in stalled until she improves. She is allowed out for an hour or so then she goes back in. So tonight I got out of the shower and remembered I still had to go put her back in. So in my towel and flip flops I go out to stall her and let the others out to pasture. Did not go as planned [​IMG] Before I know it, I am standing stark naked out in front of the barn with a bucking, hopping, rearing mini horse on a lead line! Usually, she is calm and collected, but All that penned up energy came out right then and there! I am scrambling to get her settled and try to pick up my trampled on towel while the towel on my head is flopping all around! The other 3 horses are just standing there watching THANK GOD it was pitch dark out and we have no close neighbors!! So I get her in, pick up my towel, turn to go in and slip in mud! I was not a happy camper! I stomp on into the house and Dh says "Whats wrong?" I just kept a walking to the shower...again....LOL [​IMG]

Now of course I can laugh about it and how funny it really was!

2. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG]

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

do you think maybe the unusual attire kind of freaked her out?

5. Bec

Quote:Possibly! She has been acting out of the norm since having to be stalled, so I'm not sure if it was that or just that she was protesting going in. She is only 2 and still very much a baby in her mind..lol! I've been out in the barn in my towel before but maybe the towel on the head just did it for her .. [​IMG]

6. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

That is EXACTLY why I ALWAYS put on clothes before I go outside, even if it's just a tank top and undies!

8. embkm

embkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Colbert, Ga
    You walk back in, muddy and naked... and your DH has to ask "What's wrong?"!?!?! Too funny! If I was the one stomping back in like that, I don't think my DH would have been able to get any words past his hysterical laughter.

9. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    [​IMG]

10. Bec

Quote:I know right?!? LOL He just giggled and left me alone. Then I showered and explained it to him...then came the hysterical laughter! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by