Only this big run... hope it will be ok... advice please

So! I was measuring my garden, it’s an odd shape. I can only fit in a 6ft by 13ft run. Is this big enough for 4 bantams, 2 Sussex cross and one buff Orpington? If we find out any of the chicks are roosters then they will be gone.

I will be free ranging them everyday except when I go away and put enPugh entertainment for them inside. View attachment 2227777

What site is that run on?

I looked at the link to the coop you have. That’s a rather small coop if I did the conversions correctly, floor space excluding nest boxes is 36 inches wide by 31-1/2 inches deep, and of course the manufacture says it’ll accommodate 8 large birds. This size is way overrated by the manufacturer as that comes to less than 1 sq/ft per bird.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unless I did the conversion from CM to inches/feet incorrectly, you need a bigger coop as even though 4 of your 7 chicks are bantams, those 7 birds are gonna be crowded once they grow.

I looked at the link to the coop you have. That’s a rather small coop if I did the conversions correctly, floor space excluding nest boxes is 36 inches wide by 31-1/2 inches deep, and of course the manufacture says it’ll accommodate 8 large birds. This size is way overrated by the manufacturer as that comes to less than 1 sq/ft per bird.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unless I did the conversion from CM to inches/feet incorrectly, you need a bigger coop as even though 4 of your 7 chicks are bantams, those 7 birds are gonna be crowded once they grow.
I see ok

Back
Top Bottom