ooops, need help, made a mistake!

bangor777

Songster
11 Years
May 4, 2008
I totally wasn't thinking!!!! i set 15 buff orp eggs nine days ago, then my silkie eggs came and I set them 5 days later.

I just realized something. how do I handle the last three days on the orps?????? I should be still turning the silkies at that point, oooooops! newbie mistake!

Do I need to go buy another incubator? is there any way I can make this work????? I can't believe that didn't occur to me until this morning!

help!!!!
barnie.gif

WHen I was hatching earlier in the year I ended up buying a still air hova bator for hatching. It was not real expensive and I figured I could always add the fan for circulated later.
Honestly the still air held better temps and humidity for hatching.
I have my sirculated for incubating and the still for hatching, I did several staggered with good success.

I made the same mistake this summer....my eggs in first did well, my others did not hatch at all.....
sad.png

However, my father (who is retired...and has time on and off during the day) can seem to make this situation work....
hu.gif

I think we all at some point in time have made that mistake.
tongue.png
I would be looking for a styrofoam box...cooler, worm box...and make a hatcher. All you need is a light...some vents...and moisture. Thermometer, and a safe place for them to hatch and not drown. Just get some hardware cloth...make a floor to go over the water...and when you see them pipping, place them in the hatcher. I know I have done this with great results. Yes, I have made that very same mistake. LOL
Good luck on the hatch...

Back
Top Bottom