Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Dear Big Dog Opa, Hello Friend. Lady Orpy is making a fuss on her thread so i threatened to send the witchdoctor back to the west coast if she got out of line. where is my beloved Queen EC? I have been very busy with work , long time no see my pal . From your long lost son from the fartherest southern reaches. Sallute for my retired firefighting hommie. peace out!

Quote:
roll.png
The only fuss on my thread is the one you started. We were being perfectly civilized over there. Everyone was trying to find their desks, and doing some cleaning, or at least having a little fun. I think you miss the flying scrub brushes.

Morning all! Loving everyones pic, keep them coming!

Sheila, what a cutie. he is adorable. I can understand your hesitance but I for one am glad you have another companion.
hugs.gif

Sam, hope you get the undesirable.

Fatboy! Nice to see you, you too Orp.

There is a little bird outside that for the last 2 days has been trying desperately to get in my kitchen window. It is a tit of some sort, I THINK it is a Great Tit, I tried to Google some pics, but google got a bit confused and I got some rather interesting results!
lol.png
Anyway, he has been jumping up and down at the window constantly. Anyone any ideas why it would be doing this? I'm pretty sure he can't see his reflection, window hasn't been cleaned in weeks!
big_smile.png

Well folks, mark this weekend in your diaries. For we have had sunshine for 2 days running now, not only that, but it is 70 degrees out.
ep.gif
Unheard of in April, especially considering there was snow on the ground this time last week! So we are all off to the beach today to mark the occasion. It is the last day of the Easter hols too, so it's a last hurrah if you like. We are taking the wetsuits, boogie boards etc, so it should be fun. I will of course take the camera too!

Have a good day people!

Last edited:
10233_coffee_4.gif
Good morning folks. Just came in from checking the birds and found that a masked bandit came to visit my birds last night. It decided to accept my invitation to stay and wait for morning so that I could visit it as well. Sad that I must be such a mean host but as soon as I've drunk a few cups of coffee I must go dispatch it.

Vicki, thanks alot. I now have visions of those at my window as well. It's amazing what one can see though the windows in the mind.
ep.gif

Around here we see a lot of tufted titmice
10233_birds_tufted_titmouse.jpg

Did yours look like this? A very careful web search indicated that this might have been the variety found in Scotland.
10233_birds_willow_tit.jpg

Fatboy, it was a nice pleasant surprize to find that you had been here and I'm glad to read you are staying busy. Work has been more than a little slow around here and I'm hoping that it starts to pick up soon.

I'm glad the Yaklady has done so well with the Welsummer eggs I gave her. I had taken her a 1/2 dozen just so she could see how dark the eggs were. I had kept the Welsummer rooster indoors in a cage all winter and he had only been back with the hens for 2 weeks. With 21 hens to keep happy I didn't know if the 2 welsummer hens had even been bred. Since the eggs have hatched evidently he had been busier than I realized.

Hi Vicki!
frow.gif

Hi Opa! I think we have a similar titmouse here, but it's the plain titmouse, gray on the belly, too. There's a little family growing in my neighbors birdhouse. I'm hoping to see babies soon, but will have to run off the neighborhood cats.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom