Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Quote:
Yikes! That could have turned into something unthinkable. Very glad you found it.
hugs.gif

Opa, sorry to hear about Hope's stepfather. It's always rough when "family" starts aging.
Glad to hear you found the cause of the burning smell, tis always better than the alternative.

Hey all. No-one has posted for a while so I thought I'd better bump Opa's back up the page a little!

We are recovering from what they are calling a "weather bomb" that hit us yesterday. Super high winds (up to 165mph in some places!
ep.gif
) and heavy rain. Lots of cleaning up to do today and DH is going to be busy at the weekend fixing all the bits and pieces of roofs that got blown away or broken. I also need to make a new duck run because the old one is making it's way to Norway as we speak! It could have been a lot worse though, we are all safe and sound and never lost power like a lot of people did so we are counting ourselves lucky.

I am so unprepared for Christmas this year. Haven't written a single card or bought a single present. Hoping to get started with that at the weekend as well as getting the tree up - kids are nagging me! We are going to my Mum's this year for a change but I'll probably end up doing most of the cooking anyway. What's everyone else's plans?

Hope everyone is well!
frow.gif

The Associated Press reported "a wind speed of 151 mph was recorded on a summit in Aberdeenshire."
The article also reported that thousands were without power.
We don't usually get winds that high with most hurricanes!
Glad to hear all of you are safe.

Thistle, I don't think that even with both hands would you be able to hang on to your hat in that kind of wind. Winds of that speed are near the upper limits of Category 4 hurricanes. That had to be a scary day. I never cease to be amazed by the power of nature. I'm sure glad to read that you didn't sustain any serious damage.

Last edited:
WOW! I Hope things are settling down. How come the news over here didn't say anything about the Great Wind of Scotland? Nor mention anything about flying sheep?
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom