Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Opa, I sure hope you get a chance to get some fishing in sometime soon!

Our weather here has been more seasonal than it was in March. I hope we get some of the rain they are forecasting for tonight through Sunday, it is so dry! I moved a split a hosta and moved some peonies and have needed to water them to keep them going.
I hope everyone one is well and has a great weekend.
frow.gif

My will power certainly got a workout last night and all day today and it is going to be put to the test again tonight. Hope is having a baby shower for her daughter in law who is expecting twins. Her and Granny baked two cakes yesterday for the shower and they have been tempting me sorely. One is a coconut pound cake and the other a fresh apple cake. Lord give me strength.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
droolin.gif

Baking some milk chocolate brownies! Hubby picked out the box so milk brownies it is! I like the fudge brownies, no nuts, no fruits. Just simple and plain! Be sure RedHen and her cronies dont see this, particuarly MSboy LOL!

Last edited:
The coffee is ready so why don't you grab a cup and join me. The baby shower ladies didn't eat all the cake so grab youself a piece while you're at it. Yep it sure is a fine way to start off the morning.

Yesterday because Hope was so busy with the baby shower I made both the morning and the evening runs out to her step father's. Sure is pitiful to see how fast he is going downhill. He has always been a contrary person and aging hasn't made him any easier to deal with. Yesterday it was 10am before I got there and he was still sleeping. When I finally got him awake he still seemed to act if he were only half awake. Getting him to take his meds can sure test one's patience. Sadly he can't understand what is going on or why he is no longer able to do the things he always done. He also is very fearful of what he feels is his impending fate. I tried explaining that none of us know how much longer we have. That we can't allow fear of the unknown keep us from living. His recent actions seem to indicate that he is going to do nothing but sit in a chair and await his death.

Granny, while much older, looks forward to the coming day and that attitude makes all the difference.

The coffee is ready so why don't you grab a cup and join me. The baby shower ladies didn't eat all the cake so grab youself a piece while you're at it. Yep it sure is a fine way to start off the morning.

Yesterday because Hope was so busy with the baby shower I made both the morning and the evening runs out to her step father's. Sure is pitiful to see how fast he is going downhill. He has always been a contrary person and aging hasn't made him any easier to deal with. Yesterday it was 10am before I got there and he was still sleeping. When I finally got him awake he still seemed to act if he were only half awake. Getting him to take his meds can sure test one's patience. Sadly he can't understand what is going on or why he is no longer able to do the things he always done. He also is very fearful of what he feels is his impending fate. I tried explaining that none of us know how much longer we have. That we can't allow fear of the unknown keep us from living. His recent actions seem to indicate that he is going to do nothing but sit in a chair and await his death.

Granny, while much older, looks forward to the coming day and that attitude makes all the difference.

No matter what your age, you're right, "attitude makes all the difference".

I'd like to ask everyone here, in whatever form you believe and practice, to lift-up my youngest brother, Teddy (51), for strength and healing. He has been diagnosed with cancer in one of his lymph nodes (a result of an untreated skin lesion on his face from sun exposure). The other lymph node checked was clean. He is scheduled for surgery on April 30. He is looking at it as "something we need to get through" and is taking it much better that my 77 year old mother. Please keep them both in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you, Mary

Great strides have been made in treating many forms of cancer so hopefully he will have a good outcome. He and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Keeping Teddy in my thoughts too. For many older people, they think of cancer as the same as a death sentence. Many cancers now can be treated and even cured. Maybe that hope will help your mom feel less distressed.

Yep, cancer can be cured in most cases if caught early!

Hope your step father will be Ok for now, one day at a time. I am sure he would be looking for a release as well. I am sure it is not fun for him either.

Back
Top Bottom